12 Rules For Being Human
Twelve Rules For Being Human
1. You will receive a body – you may like it, or you may hate it. Regardless, it will be yours for your entire life.
2. You will learn lessons – you are enrolled in a full-time informal school called LIFE. Each day in this school, you will have the opportunity to learn lessons. You may like the lessons, or think of them as irrelevant and stupid – but pay attention.
3. There are no mistakes, only lessons – growth is a process of trial and error. The ”failed” experiments are as much a part of the process as the experiments that ultimately ”work”.
4. A lesson is repeated until learned – a lesson will be presented to you in various forms until you have learned it. When you have learned it, then you can go on to the next lesson.
5. Learning lessons never end – there is no part of life that does not contain
lessons. If you are alive, there are lessons to be learned.
6. ”There” is no better than ”here” – when your ”there” has become a ”here”, you will simply obtain another ”there” that will again look better than ”here”.
7. Others are merely mirrors of you – you cannot love or hate something about another person unless it reflects something that you love or hate about yourself.
8. How you create your life is up to you – you have all the tools and resources you need. What you do with them is up to you. The choice is yours, and only yours, to make.
9. Life is exactly what you think it is – you CAN create a life that matches your beliefs and expectations.
10. The answers to life’s questions lie inside you – all you need to do is look, listen, and trust.
11. YOU may decide to forget all this (your option)…
12. …OR you can remember these things when you want to, because it is, after all, up to YOU.